Sunday, August 17, 2014

Birthday Cheers

This past weekend we celebrated the 60th of my mom's dear friend Mary. A woman with such kindness and full of love. She is also very crafty, especially crocheting. For my birthday she made me the cutest little bird decor in my all time favorite color pink.
Last year, you may recall, I gave her a white butterfly mobile.  She still proudly has it displayed in her living room. This year there wasn't enough time to make something hand made other than the card.  One of my facebook groups was talking about using acetate in cards, I had seen it done but never really tried. Here was my first attempt and also the birthday card for Mary.
 Front of card
Once opened to display on mantel.
Sorry about the picture quality, I am down a camera and had to use my phone. The big black 3 layer flower is on a small piece of acetate so it wobbles a bit. Each butterfly is rimmed with sparkle as well. 

I was also commissioned to do up a card by one of the other guests at Mary's party. She wanted pink and girly.
I'm thinking this covers those requests :)
This is the first time I've used feathers, very hard to work with but I love the end product. I have several colored feathers in my craft room, I will be sure to use them again. 

And last but not least, one of my FB groups were also talking about a new technique using napkins. We had a wedding in July of a longtime friend of mine. Their reception decor was very nautical, and I snagged a couple of the schooner napkins. I think they turned out nice, perfect for a man's birthday.
Cheers for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment